The Rider Support Program
Grounded Nebraska believes cycling is for everyone, but understands the barriers of resources, access, and opportunity to get involved with cycling, whether to race, ride, or party pace. Working alongside our partners, we have pooled resources to create a program to help some participate in Grounded Nebraska 2023.
Up to four individuals will be accepted into the program crafted to facilitate a fulfilling, supportive, and fun weekend at Grounded NE and will receive:
- A free entry into their choice 125 mile or 60 mile distances at Grounded Nebraska 2023
- A training plan provided by Source Endurance to help you have your best day on the bike
- Premium membership to Rider With GPS
- A custom cycling kit supplied by Champion System USA
- Free on-site camping or other accommodations
- A $200 travel stipend
- On-the-ground support, including a pre-race bike tune-up, travel throughout the race weekend, and more powered by SRAM
- A 3-part Zoom educational series
Is this program for you?
The Rider Support Program is designed to create a pathway for folks curious about gravel racing and riding by eliminating many barriers to entry.
Depending on where you are on your cycling journey, this program may be a good fit for you. Here’s what we ask that you’re ready to commit to if selected:
- Attend at least 4 out of 5 of the Monthly Zoom Calls
- Curiousity and willingness to learn
- Time to use a structured training plan
- Attend Grounded Nebraska 2023 from Friday, June 23rd to Sunday, June 25th
Established with accessibility and equity in mind, the Rider Support Program will give priority support to riders who live in rural areas or belong to a historically underrepresented demographic to support a more diverse cycling community.